Steubenville Twp
Jefferson County, Ohio

Re-interred to Market St. Catholic Cemetery, this was the first Catholic Cemetery, located “around” the first church called the St. Pius, located in downtown Steubenville. Many churches downtown had cemeteries prior to Steubenville Union Cemetery in 1854. Anyone living and dying in or near Steubenville were probably buried in one of these old church graveyards.